1.16.2013

Chapter 52: Mommy Manual

Mommy Manual:
As a new Mom I try to do my best in raising the girls! I am constantly reading blogs, websites, books and asking other Moms questions and techniques!  "What do you do when..." "How do you..." "At what age..." Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Mommy manual that guided us through parenthood? Doctors are great, and so are friends, but wouldn't it be fabulous to have a week by week manual?
 This morning, I was at my MOPS (Mother's of Pre-Schoolers: Birth-Kindergarten Mommies!!!) meeting. I always look forward to getting together with all of the Moms. We have great guest speakers, brunch, coffee, crafts, and much needed girl time. 

Today, one of the MOPS Moms spoke right to me! She spoke of the most perfect manual for raising children in our homes. The Bible.  As parents, our answers to each of our parenting questions are driven by the direction of the bible.  I know there have been times when I have asked the Lord to help me through a parenting decision. I am always reassured that He is guiding me. 

 Each child is different and would naturally come with their own manual. As parents we are guided by the bible in all of our choices. There is not ONE way to parent a child. Just as there is not one website, book or blog that would teach us what would be right for our children.  If we follow His ways in our marriage, parenting, and daily life style then our most perfect manual will be written!

Each family- writing their own manual- guided by the Bible.
Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way that he shall go, and when he is old, he will not turn form it.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment