5.30.2013

Chapter 78: Family- Built Nail by Nail


What is family?  

To everyone, the term, "family" means and looks different. Which it should. Each person grows up with a family. Some small, some large. Some with multiple Mom's and Dad's and others with just one parent or grandparent.

Each family is different and it doesn't matter. What matters is that you show love and support to your family members as you travel through life.  Michael and I feel blessed to be raised in fabulous families. As I think of what a family means to me,  I want many of my own memories for our girls. The one thing I want MOST is for them to grow up in a family that loves them unconditionally. I want H&L to see it with their eyes and feel it in their hearts. I want them to hear it from words and share it with open arms.  We are given our family from God. He picked my Mom and Dad for me and Layton and Hadley for Michael and I.  I know that God will be with Michael and I as we start and continue traditions for our little family.

I believe that you can't make one person in your family your world. You must take each person God places in your life and build your world from it. 

Let the building begin.  
God starts it... we get the opportunity to build. Nail by Nail. 

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 5:28
In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 
*Got that, Michael?! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment